Saturday 9 September 2017

Thursday, September 7th, 2017

Linden, California

Eight Days to Go

“I bet yah see God lots a times when you’re walkin’,” said the man in the park in Jackson.

“For sure.  In many shapes and forms.”  I was referring to the sounds, tastes, smells and textures that I experience, on a daily basis, of God’s various energies.  For instance, I saw God today in the form of a watermelon I found on the side of the road—Hwy 26.  It was right next to the pavement, on a vine, all by its lonesome.  Lying two inches from my feet with no proprietor to claim him.  I bent over, tapped him and determined that he was ready for harvest.  I always surprise the boys when I show up with a new item to use.

God came to me today, multiple times, in the manifestation of kindness.  Now that I’m in the fruit belt area, the shade of the mango groves sheltered me from a powerful sun.  Yes, I trekked through some orchards of ripe plums, pears and pomegranates.  God came as water (raso ham apsu... Check out the Gita 7:8), as money (40 bucks donation), as accommodation from Rachel, the journalist, and her hubby, Clayton.  Their six month old, Monroe, is adorable.

I also saw God in the form of a reporter.  Brian from The Linden Herald came in a cowboy hat when we met at the Common Grounds Café in Valley Springs.  The interview was terrific.  He told me he’s inspired to walk more and to make it more of a spirit promenade.

The boys and I also saw God in the co-incidence of meeting John, a retired mathematician.  We asked about the location of the town’s park.

“There isn’t any recreation like that here, but you can use my front shaded yard.  There’re chairs.  Use my kitchen.  Stay overnight.  I’ll get you something from the store.  Ah, I forgot my wallet.  Old age!”

May the Source be with you!

19 miles


No comments: