Thursday 28 September 2017

Sunday, September 24th, 2017

Fort Erie, Ontario

Back to Kilometres

One good friend of mine, or shall I say, someone I know who’s a good friend to many, lives on the Canadian side of the border near the Peace Bridge in Fort Erie.  His name is Murali Krsna, aka Mark Griffis, and he has his home situated right on Lake Erie.  I looked him up and popped in for a visit, before proceeding on to Toronto.

The boys and I shared some time, prasadam and a swim with Murali and his life partner, Pundarik.  Murali wasn’t aware of my U.S. walk, what to speak of my completing it.  Now he is, and the congratulations came.  The swim was a thanks and this walking body of mine found it welcoming.

I credit Murali for being a walking companion back in ’96 when he and his son, Tyler, and friend, Malcolm, took to walking with me along the Niagara River.  It was a long walk.  I managed to make it an 82 kilometre day on that celebratory one called Radhastami, in honour of the consort of Krishna and ‘ultimate’ Goddess.  There’s always a need for cheerleaders and walking buddies can make the best ones.

This final drive from Niagara to Toronto actually marked the official finish of the U.S. walking project.  It was a sweet gesture that the homebase community arranged two fabulous cakes after my talk from verse 2.16 of the Gita.  The ingredients were sugar and spice and everything nice, and the icing was creamy, with a dark outline of the U.S. of A. and footsteps in carob running across the nation from east to west.

I believe the entire community caught a piece of the action—that is, a piece of one of the cakes.  The author of the masterpiece was Systyna.

Thank you all.

“Om Tat Sat.  Thanks an awful lot!”  As Murali would say.

May the Source be with you!
6 km

No comments: