Sunday 10 September 2017

Friday, September 8th, 2017

Stockton, California

7 Days 2 Go

“I heard from my daughter, here, of what you’re doing.  Congratulations!”  Handshakes with the tall happy man and his daughter.

“How do you maintain yourself or survive on the road coming all the way from New York?” he continued.  The news has caught on in the schools of the area.  “My daughter (of high school age) goes to the Seventh Day Adventist School.”

“I have a small support team consisting of two younger monks.  People offer water, donations and I confess to sometimes helping myself to the grapes in the vineyards around here.”

“Well, this is my land, my grapes (he points).  You can have all the grapes you want.  Here’s a donation (40 bucks, like yesterday).  I don’t have any water.”  Off father and daughter went.

It was in the afternoon that I, or we, were personally, as teachers, involved with some young folks, age six to ten, at the Hub Center in Jackson.  Hayagriva had lined up this engagement where I told stories of animal encounters along the road.  I also introduced mantra meditation.  It calmed them somewhat.  They were wired up.  I took them through some warm ups with voice exercise, and to the beat of the drum, with Marshall on kartals, we got everyone to dance.  Nice session!

More walking, and while in Stockton, in a more ghetto-type area, I met a young guy to whom I explained that I'm walking across the nation. 

“Hey bro, I’ll pray for yah.” He said.

Rachel did splendidly with her article on the front page of The Ledger Dispatch, a fat weekend edition with three photos and two pages of written material.

Rachel Norris, bless you!

May the Source be with you!

19 miles

No comments: