Sunday 3 September 2017

Friday, September 1, 2017

Carson City, Nevada

A Biker Pulled Over

A biker pulled over on Highway 50.  Seeing my drooping dhoti, he could not see my feet while walking, and thought I was barefoot, so he stopped out of concern.

“I’m Freddy, Fast Freddy.  Some call me FF. I’ve also been called FFF.  Guess what the extra F stands for? I’m a musician, originally from New York.  I thought you might need some help.”

From those opening lines of introduction, we chatted and became friends.  I also came in contact with a local.  Wolf is his name.  He offered a ride, but as usual, I had to decline.  With both new friends, we got to talking about spirituality and humility.

“Spirituality is what the ego likes the least,” said FF.

Also a lovely, young blond lady stopped, when we were in the thick of traffic, and presented me with some water.  “It’s great what you’re doin’! Jesus. I love you. Amen!”

Some nurses, from the University of Nevada School of Nursing, saw me in my robes, walking along with Marshall.  “Can we interview you?”  There by the roadside, the question came.  “What are you doing?” 

“Promoting the walking culture; the culture of introspective walking—prayer, meditation on the feet…”

At the Dayton Senior’s Centre, our team met with visitors during their lunch.  Great company!  Teri Vance, from the Nevada Appeal news, was there to interview us as well.  Conveniently, I invited her to tomorrow’s dog blessing for noon at Fuji Park in Carson City.        https://www.facebook.com/dogtownrescue/posts/10155674362259337  https://www.facebook.com/groups/218848094884152/permalink/1173521062750179/

It appears that Adam Robertson’s article came out in the Lahontan Valley News.  That’s why the blond lady came by on the road earlier.  http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/lahontan-valley/simple-living-and-high-thinking-through-walking/#

Another bright spot, in the day, was timing it so that my dear old buddy, Adi Yajna, a tour bus driver, stopped in town for an hour’s break.  I hadn’t seen him in years.  It was a sweet exchange, and it’s always a high point in the life of devotion, when you have some moments with a bhakti-yogi


May the Source be with you!
20 miles







No comments: